Saturday, March 17, 2007

Veiled Feelings

Couple of days back my maid lost her husband. God! What a proclamation! It was so easy to inscribe that. She is back to work after a gap of 10 days. She looks traumatized and I am not able to face her. Worst of all I don’t even know how to console her. I am bad at reassuring, the ones who have lost their near and dear ones. Kill me! I hate myself for that. She appears so mechanical, and tries her best to avoid me bcuz she is aware that am doing the same. I am not sure what to do either. She has been working here for the last three years and all I could utter was “don’t worry, we are here for you”. A thought runs through my mind- Hey what do I mean by saying “we are here for you”. I can aid her financially but am not sure about that 10 years from now. Come on! not 10, maybe 2???? Cuz, I can’t foretell about what is going to occur the next sec, forget 10 years. But nothing can ever replace the emptiness in her life. All these years, there was not a single day that has gone by without her mentioning about her husband. Although I have never seen him, I had this mental image about him and the depiction she gave me was a decent one, disparate most other cases. The loss must have been beyond belief and the grief may be heartache.

Time is the best healer and at present I want time to fly. A woman gets stronger only when she is forsaken. I pray to god! That he gives her courage to face life positively and go on. She has a 7-year-old son to take care of??????????

0 comments: