Monday, September 8, 2008

THE LUMP

With a sling on my right hand and temptation to write, I just could not hold back on blogging until my hand was free from it. I didn't realize until now that typing with my left hand was this hard.

It's been over a year since I have been postponing the project lump. I noticed this little friend at the base of my right thumb a year back. What started as a peanut sized cyst soon became the size of a gooseberry when the orthopedist finally declared a deadline for eliminating it. The last time the doc asked me to get rid of it, Atul was too young to be handled by others and hence I was allowed to postpone it as long as it wasn’t posing a problem. Surprisingly, the lump did not trouble me at all and I decided to put it off indefinitely.

But all good things come to an end and so did my lump. This time it took a sprain on my leg to return to the orthopedist who promptly noticed the gooseberry on my thumb and said "GET RID OF IT". Ok ok, no more excuses! Three days later I was in the surgery room feeling sad that the little friend of mine was parting from me for GOOD! - Crippled blogger @ blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good that you did not take it lightly this time. Any inner growths in our body , small or big should not be neglected.

Sweet Jasmine said...

I had a small lump on my right thigh too which do not pose any danger. Will get another second opinion from doc on my next visit.